- Running or Cycling tights. A must have is a decent pair of running or cycling tights. You can wear these under other clothes or alone as I do since I typically don't need more than one layer.
- A skull cap for cycling or a hat for running. One thing I love to wear when it's cold is a skull cap underneath my helmet. It traps all the warm air and keeps me toasty. It's also thin so you won't feel it under your helmet. Yes it looks geeky without the helmet but let me tell you at least I stay warm and my hubby doesn't need to hear me complain when we mountain bike together! If you don't have a skull cap and you cycle outside you need to order one. If you click on the Headsweats link and use the code TRIMOM25 you will save 25% .
- A warm vest. I find that often times I burn up when I wear winter running jackets. I prefer to wear a vest. For some reason my arms stay a little cooler but the heat is still trapped inside my torso. I prefer to wear this Columbia vest I found on clearance years ago. It's nothing fancy but it does the job and it's not extremely bulky like some of the other puffer vests made.
- Lightweight running gloves. If it's cold enough I will turn to my running gloves. I prefer these Pearl Izumi gloves because they are lightweight and wick sweat which is really important to stay warm.
- Toes covers (for the bike). If you bike outside when it's chilly I highly suggest wearing toe covers. They are spandex like covers that slip right over your cycling shoes. They have a hole on the bottom for your cleats as well. They make a big difference when I do remember to wear them.
What are some of your cold weather gear favorites?
This was not a sponsored post. However I am a product ambassador for Headsweats. I don't receive compensation from them. I just love the products. While it looks like I am affiliated with Pearl Izumi, I am not. I just love to shop at their outlet store!
I liked up this "Friday 5" post with Cynthia From You Signed Up for What and Mar From Mar on The Run and Courtney From Eat Pray Run DC. Go check them out!