But I know some of you would like to check in to see how my training is going so I promise to at least post once a month to report some updates. Here is a brief rundown of what's going on:
- The six month mark to Ironman Arizona was a few days ago. This is show-time! No more goofing off, it's time to get cracking. I've enlisted the help of a coach. Her name is Amy with Pure Bravery. We seem to click really well and she's even had to talk me down off the ledge a few times and is always reassuring. I like that in a coach. I think we will have a great relationship over the next few months.
- She's got me on a plan which currently has me swimming a few times a week, running 2-3 times a week and biking another 2-3 times a week. Now this is still very early on in my training. I'm only in week 3 (of 25). So I can expect to see some long days starting right around the time the kids go back to school in August. I been told that I should be prepared to drop the kids off at school, grab my bike and ride for about 6-7 hours while they are at school. It's overwhelming to think about but I have to trust in my training schedule to get me there.
Last weeks schedule looked like this:
Monday: Rest day
Tuesday: Swim 2200 yards (sets) followed by a 30 min run
Wednesday: 1 hour spin, followed by 30 minutes of core strength
Thursday: Swim 2200 yards (sets)
Friday: Bike 1 hour
Saturday: Run 3 miles, Bike 1 hour, Run 3 miles consecutive (brick)
Sunday: Swim 2200 yards (sets)
- My fundraising for Team IMF is going great! I am proud to say that I hit the $2500 mark yesterday. Yahoo! A giant heartfelt THANK YOU goes out to my friends and family members who have donated so far. I could not have done it without your support. I'll have a lot of time out on the course by myself during IMAZ and know that I will be thinking of each and every one of you. The entire team so far has raised a total of $112K for the Arizona community. That is pretty darn awesome!
- Update on the kids: This is the last week of school. D graduated from preschool last week and had a cute little ceremony. T is just finishing up third grade. We have got lots of fun activities planned for the summer so they will be plenty busy. I better not hear any "I'm bored's!"
- One last thing...I still plan to keep my blog's Facebook page and Instagram account up and running. In fact I am learning to LOVE LOVE LOVE Instagram. If you can please give me a follow on my Mom Who TRIs account. Since I won't be blogging as much I hope to post at least once a day on those accounts.
As I enter into the summer months, I will be reminded of this quote. Do you agree?