Here is a recap of some of my favorite things this year.
- Finally admitting that I am in love with running. It used to be something I dread and couldn't stand. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but it happened at some point this year and it feels amazing. My body craves running and even more so it craves how I feel after a run.
- Our trip to Zion this year. It was probably one of the best camping trips of all time. I am more impressed with the miles and miles of hiking that T did. I have never seen him so at peace and happy. It was a magical trip and I cannot wait to return.
- Having my Mom, Dad and Grandmother in the same town. It is very nice to have them so close and I enjoy being able to just drop in for a visit. I missed them terribly when we moved away, and having them here now is such a blessing.
- Landscaping our backyard. It is so nice to have a safe place for the kids to play and run around. It was well worth every penny we put into having it done. The kids love it and so does White Dog.
- Running the Skirt Chaser race with my husband. We don't often do races together as one of us usually has to stay behind to entertain the kids but this was one race we did together and it was so special. The free beer and wine at the end wasn't too shabby either!
- My "girls only" trips to a destination race. Girls trips are always fun but there is something even more special when you travel with your girlfriends to do a race. It's all about laughter, camaraderie, and sharing a special bond over exercise. I was fortunate to have more than one trip this year. First was the Iron Girl triathlon in Las Vegas (with my dear friend GinaMarie) and the other was the Hot Chocolate 15K (with Hilary and Christy). I hope there will be many more in the near future!
- Holding my new baby nephew for the very first time.
What will 2013 bring?
You had such a great year!! I had one of those running moments in 2011 and hope it happens again in 2013. Right now running is hard since I've taken off time for travel and being sick. Happy New Year! and the baby is soooo cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lynda. I hope you get your running-mojo back next year! Thanks for the props on the baby. Yes he is pretty darn cute.
ReplyDelete