April 15, 2013

Jamaica, Mon!

Jamaica in photos:

We stayed at Couples Resorts Swept Away and highly recommend this place. It exceeded my expectations. I also loved that it was an adults-only resort. While I have no problem with kids I just really needed a break from any and all kids. I didn't have to worry about screaming kids on the beach or hearing "Maaarrrcoooo Poooooolo" all day long at the pool.

After a LONG day(s) of flying, we made it. We took a "red-eye" and it just seemed to drag on forever. We left PHX at 1:00 am. Landed in Charlotte around 6:00 and caught a flight down to Montego Bay. We did that so we could be on the beach and partying it up by lunchtime! We traveled with our dear friends Ken and Christy and later found that it was really enjoyable to have another couple to hang out with and to share in all this fun.

We have arrived!

From airplane to the bar.

Ordering up our first round of Bob Marley shots...which happened to be the only ones. Very potent and we had whole week ahead of us! 

Lunchtime.

Our little patio. The rooms were great. We had plenty of room and we just loved hanging out on the patio. Every morning I would wake up before P and have coffee and fresh fruit delivered. It was so peaceful. Then he would wake and we would hit the fabulous restaurants for breakfast

I think I found my happy place. I was barefoot and had my toes in the sand, while sitting at the palapa bar.

My love of 10+ years.

beach view

Sunsets on the beach were like a postcard.

Rasta Paul

All water sports were included at this resort. That included diving, snorkeling, waterskiing, Hobie cat sailboats, stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, wake boarding and Catamaran cruises. You couldn't get bored at this resort.

Ken and Christy prepping their gear for the dive. P and I did not dive. I am afraid of going down that deep and fear panic attacks about the fish so it was in my best interest to sit that out. We did snorkel and it was fabulous. We saw tons of colorful fish, stingrays, urchins, etc.

Vendor on the beach. I worried about this. Paul has a quick temper when it comes to vendors on the beach so I feared this might be a pain. But while they walk up and down the beach they do not approach you. If they stop and linger for too long the hotel security does an excellent job of moving them along. They are not bothersome at all.

Catamaran Booze Cruise on one of the nights. 

There are many restaurants on the resort but there are two that you need reservations for. You would have to make your reservations a day or two ahead of time since they were that popular. My favorite  of the two restaurants was Lemongrass. I liked that it was outside (the other was not) and the menu was so much better at Lemongrass. The Coconut Soup was to die for! Seriously I could have easily had 4 bowls. And since it was all-inclusive you could have done that. But I did want to be able to button my pants for the trip home.

The food was good at all the restaurants and we tried them all. The first day we arrived the guys mocked us for wanting to go to the "Veggie bar" for lunch. They claimed it wouldn't be good or fill them up.  The place only served veggie burgers, sweet potato chips and other specialty veggie dishes and salads. But by the end of the trip the guys were the first ones to request the Veggie Bar for lunch!

Tree frogs were everywhere and they sang to you nightly. Such a peaceful way to fall asleep.

Paul and Ken swimming to the sea caves.

C and I's "Romantic Couples Massage." We originally planned to have our husbands come along with us and it was supposed to be very romantic. Then the husbands starting asking questions like "How long is it going to take? or Do I just lay there the whole time? or But the wind is so good don't you want to sail instead? At that point C and I just said for them to go find something else to do because clearly this was not on their list of things to do. They happily agreed, handed the women the cash and it was the best massage ever! C and I had a good laugh and it was really cool that we could enjoy each other's company.

Sailboat races. This is what the guys aspired to do instead of the couples massage.

Drinks at Rick's Cafe

We only left the resort once the entire week to go shopping in town and Rick's Cafe. We had so much fun at the resort, that we felt no need to leave.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time. I love the pictures! We will be in Montego Bay next Wednesday... we are cruising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna-I thought of you when I was posting this! You guys are going to love the resort! Can I jump in your suitcase and go back?

    Tabitha- Have a great time on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete