When did Valentine's Day get so grand for kids? I am not a hater (yet) of Valentine's Day but GoodGod some of the Facebook postings, Pinterest and blog stuff just made me vomit a little in my mouth. Come on already! People it's Valentine's Day...a simple card and those cheap little boxed cards should do.
So to the Mommies that felt like they had to decorate the table for breakfast, lunch AND dinner complete with presents (yes actual presents), and heart shaped food...can you tone it down a little for the rest of us Mommies who are just trying to get by?
I do agree with you! I did do 3$ stuffed animal presents for my kids because my mom always did a card and candy but my kids don't need the candy! The thing that I found maddening was that all the kids Valentines had presents(like candy, pencils, etc.) attached and i bought the 1.25$ cards that didn't have that, so of course my son was the only one without that at pre-school. Luckily I still had 10 bags of Halloween treats that I threw in with his cards. My question is, when did Valentines become another Halloween? $$$$$ I guess for the stores. Anyway, i do agree and I live in SUPER MOM central believe me!
ReplyDelete